By: Sean Farrell on February 19th, 2016
The 7 Things You Need to Know Before an ATM Installation
“A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door.” - Confucius
These are wise words that apply to so many facets of life. Professionally, they remind us of the potential challenges and roadblocks that can occur when we don’t take time to prepare for a major project, but instead rely on reactive fixes during execution. We have seen this first hand during our countless ATM installations. And that’s why we have identified the top 7 items you need to know to prepare for your new ATM.
Attention to Site and Network Details
We consulted with our internal ATM experts to understand the critical site and network information to gather prior to the installation. When adhering to best practices, this information should be collected and documented 15-30 days prior. If not properly identified, these items can hinder the installation process. Without further ado, here are the 7 most important things to know before you start your ATM installation:
- Has a site survey been conducted?
- Do you have the contact information for all parties involved (internal and external)?
- Is there a phone or network jack within 3 feet of ATM?
- Has the ATM network been notified of upcoming ATM install & network paperwork filled out?
- How will ATM communicate - dial-Up or TCP/IP?
- Have encryption keys been mailed to site or are they able to be loaded remotely?
- What is the Network address/router address/sub mask address and the local port id/remote Port ID/network port ID?
Obviously, these aren’t the only items included in an ATM installation project. In fact, we have prepared a comprehensive checklist that details all the critical factors required for proper planning.
It’s also critical to work with a provider who provides a dedicated project manager to guide you and the process from scheduling through bring-live. Careful pre-planning will pave the way to success and send trouble knocking on someone else’s door.
About Sean Farrell
Sean has been in the business since 2003 and always aims to be an expert on whatever solutions QDS is providing. Sean has grown into a thought leader in the space through research and company growth. Sean holds strongly to his Christian faith and uses those principles to guide the business.